"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I misread c-dawg, I thought he meant we weren't coming out at all, like there was no withdrawling.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Yes, the first was talking about the whole pulling out deal..which I thought cdawg was talking about and that was my fault.
That's because some people aren't up on things enough to understand someone else's POV and what they're trying to say in the first place.
Seems to me the people who need to be "LOL"'ed are the ones continually misunderstanding something that the rest of the board seems to get, right off the bat. It's like a person in a comedy club laughing at everybody else b/c they don't get the comedian's joke.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
People shouldn't waste others time if they cant write what they mean. Hell spit it out. No need to post, then say you were posting in code. Then try and put the blame on them for not being up on things enough to read someone else's mind. Post what's on your mind and when people read they will see it for what it is.
GO VOLS
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
Yes, of course!! All our troops are pulling out. What a joke you are there Burton13. I have a son-in-law over there whom I keep in contact with on a daily basis, who, by the way, still flies daily missions over the city of Baghdad. He wasn't "celebrating" the removal of troops from the city like you were with your title, which I took as a slap in the face of every person who has ever put on the uniform of our country. He put in in plain, simple terms: It just puts him in more danger because of not having the ground cover anymore. Troop strength is REMAINING THE SAME IN THE COUNTRY. They are just pulling back out of the populated cities as per an agreement struck a year ago by then president Bush and his administration. Yes, there are still american "military advisors" within the limits of the cities while the bulk of the troops are stationed just outside the city limits.
What I am saying is, and I did not studder the first time I said it: is that if any person thinks that the U.S. will pull completely out of Iraq is sadly mistaken. The middle east has become a new "theater of operations" for us, not unlike the theater of operations in Europe or Korea. We will always maintain a "presence" there just as we have in Europe and Korea. It is just too strategically important to just up and leave the country.
Bookmarks